ABOUT THE AWARD
GMYT African Humanitarian Awards (GAH-AWARDS) are presented to honor and encourage individuals and organizations in various ﬁelds whose exemplary efforts have signiﬁcantly improved the lives of others and consistently contributed to encouraging and inspiring socio-economic development for Africans.
Over the years, GAH-AWARDS has recognized over 5000 dignitaries, and 200 media outlets who have contributed to encouraging and inspiring socio-economic development in Africa. In addition, today, the GAH-AWARDS initiative has directly achieved nine of the seventeen SDGs. These are evident in the empowerment of over 3,000 women and youth through the GMYT SME support scheme, empowered over 12,000 women and youths with free scholarships to study fashion design, and entrepreneurship development, and the provision of over 3,000 industrial/domestic sewing machines through GMYT Foundation.
Gahawards is also a sister arm of Gmyt Foundation a non governmental organization through which over a thousand candidates have been empowered with sewing machines, startup funds and also awarded scholarships through Gmyt Fashion Academy for over a decade now.
To promote & celebrate individuals & organizations that are contributing positively to the society towards building a sustainable economy
To encourage and inspire
socio-economical development for Africans
– Social Impact
– Humanitarian Service
– Economic Advancement
The Policy That Governs GMYT African Humanitarian Award Processes
The advisory Board of GMYT African Humanitarian Award Formulated this policy to organize and maintain effective programs to encourage entrepreneurs and Corporate organizations.
The GMYT African Humanitarian Award nominee/recipient gets notified in writing. Our notification process includes both qualitative and quantitative measures to demonstrate the needs upon which the award is being given to the nominee/recipient.
With the Live broadcast Of the GMYT African Humanitarian Award, the Advisory Board Of GMYT African Humanitarian Award Screening Committee holds the exclusive right to nominate and confer the GMYT African Humanitarian Award on Individuals, Business Executives, Heads of Government Agencies, and Corporate Organizations who are deemed qualify based on Precedents.
The Advisory Board of GMYT African Humanitarian Award Screening Committee has the exclusive right to withdraw an award given to any recipient if the concerned beneficiary awardee defaults the terms of Conferment in relation to honesty, integrity, and absence of sense of responsibility as claimed.
GMYT African Humanitarian Award Is Designed To:
- Ensure that recognition is based on individuals/organizations contributions to community development and Nation building.
- Ensure that excellent individuals with selfless contributions that promotes entrepreneurship spirit, in Africa is adequately rewarded.
- Be a platform used to recognize and reward individuals, Entrepreneurs, and corporate entities for their contributions to the economic development of the Nation.
- Create an avenue to motivate aspiring Entrepreneurs and corporate organizations to do more in contributing their quota to the economic growth of Nigeria.
- Ensure that the Award Nominees/Recipients are recognized strictly based on merit and they are absolutely free from discrimination regardless of religion, age, gender, ethnicity, geo-political Zone, political affiliation, or disability
5 reasons you should
Plan To Attend
The 10TH EDITION gAHAWARDS
Explore endless potentials within a circle of influential guests
Discover the essence of impactful waves and trends
Be motivated by achievements, be driven by passionate service to humanity
Be inspired by the best showcases, and the creative experimentations of innovative fashion entrepreneurs